These are some questions prospective clients have made us.
We will be adding more questions as they come up.
1. The IT Services Providers Industry is strongly regulated. By law, we are obliged to take all possible measures to guarantee the privacy and the security of the client’s data. Work that involves the transfer of data is always preceded by a complete back-up to our servers and apart from Greg no one has access to this data. We really have no time, nor any desire to be looking into a client’s private files!
There is a lot that can be said about trust… To be able to live we need to trust people. We trust our doctor, our lawyer, accountant, the bank, etc…The only way to make this trust happen is by getting to know us and talking to us. So, please do!
2. Managed Services is a rather new development in the IT Services Industry. We are the pioneers here in Australia. Years ago, when it was something very few people understood, some isolated cowboys had a go at it and ended giving the service a bad reputation.
Willingness to try an amazing but new service is difficult enough, if you got burnt before that is going to be almost impossible. Either way, don’t deny yourself the powerful benefits of this service. Call us and have a talk to Greg, who will clarify any questions you may have.
3. We do use local retailers for our IT parts, but be aware that there are no parts produced here in Australia, as much as we would like to use them. It seems to be the way of the world and hey, we really can’t change the course of the global economy on our own. For bigger jobs where a lot of equipment is required, we search elsewhere where prices are more competitive.
4. As much as we can, but again, the global economy dictates that most of the great products and services at the best prices can only be the result of markets of scale. Think of Microsoft, Dell, Intel, IBM, etc… For full list of our partners click on the Home menu on the top.
5. No, we aren’t. Greg is a true blue Queenslander, in a line of many generations of Queenslanders.
6. No, we came to Cairns with a view of retiring here. That’s not going to happen any time soon though, as much as we would like to. It will be at least 15-20 years of hard work, before that!
7. Yes, we are proud to be part of the largest IT Franchises in the world. We are a family of about 500 independently owned businesses in more than 26 countries.
Here in AUS we are about 90 and ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine, Franchise Business Review, and AllBusiness.com as the number 1 technology franchise in Australia.
Computer Troubleshooters started here in Australia in 1997 and has been growing steadily ever since. A few years ago the Australian owners made the decision to sell the Franchise to an American Company. Although some of us got sad, we quickly realised this is the reality of today and we immediately saw the amazing benefits this would bring.
With us being a Global network you get the best of both worlds: friendly, knowledgeable service from a locally owned and operated shop but, behind the scenes you are getting the support of hundreds of very knowledgeable and passionate technicians and engineers who are all interconnected through state of the art technology.
There seems to be a misconception that all Franchisors are out there to rip Franchisees off for all they can milk. With an attitude like that, one does not become an award winning Franchising!
8. Yes, it is. We are a locally owned small business. The bulk of the money we earn stays in the Cairns region. We pay a small monthly fee QLD state wide marketing, a very reasonable royalty to the Franchisor in NSW, in exchange for a lot of friendly support. Oh yes, another chunk goes to our friends in Canberra (ATO).